In our last blog, we discussed Instagram Reels and touched on how businesses can use influencers to widen their reach by using subtle branding across TikTok and Reels.
With more than 800 million active users in one month, TikTok Ads are too good an opportunity for businesses and brands to miss, especially when the goal is to target a younger demographic (under the age of 30).
Is TikTok advertising the right match for my business?
As TikTok continues to grow, more and more brands are starting to include the platform in their social media advertising budgets. Below are a few statistics to help us understand why TikTok should be considered.
• With over 800 million monthly active users, TikTok beats other social media platforms like Twitter (340+ million), Snapchat (218+ million), LinkedIn (660+ million) and Pinterest (322+ million).
• TikTok users span across 150 countries worldwide.
• In the US, Japan, India and Korea, TikTok was one of the most downloaded apps in such a short space of time in 2018.
• There is a clear link with the music industry – Apple and Google Play users have downloaded the app over 1.5 billion times.
• 63.5% of US users are under the age of 29.
• 51.8% of US TikTok users make over $75,000 per year.
The different types of ads TikTok offers:
• Brand Takeover – When users open the app your ad will appear and take over the screen for a few seconds before turning into an In-Feed Video Ad. A great way to make sure your ad is seen.
• In-Feed Video – This is the most common ad seen on TikTok. It appears in the native newsfeed on the “For You” area.
• Hashtag Challenge – If you have a strong hashtag and want to get people involved this is a great way to get your followers included. This ad is found on the “Discovery” page and encourages users to create their own content using the hashtag. For retailers a shoppable component can be included as well.
• Custom Influencer Package – Created as part of a sponsored content with your influencer who reaches your target market.
• Branded AR Content – For example stickers, branded lenses and other 2D/3D/AR symbols for users to use when making content.
It goes without saying there are some great options for brands to get involved with. These advertising opportunities keep with TikTok’s goals of fun entertainment which is both eye-catching and engaging.
To reach a more specific target audience, like other social media platforms, TikTok allows brand and business owners to target their audience.
Custom audiences goes that one step further and you can use your customer’s contact data, website traffic, app activity, or ad engagement to get a really strong targeted group.
Like most digital platforms, analytics and assessing how well campaigns work is useful and with TikTok, the app offers the same service enabling to see what works best for your brand.
With all the above considered, it is important to remember the other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram that are still extremely strong when it comes to advertising.
Consider your target market, how your brand wants to be represented and consider your budgets.
If you need help with your social media and setting up ads and campaigns successfully call TSM for an informal chat on 01724 784600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.